30 September, 2014

Haloe's Curios - HC04 - Time For A Bavarian Death Waltz

HALOES CURIOS - HC04

There's not a lot of hunting or luck that was needed in finding this item. I fully intended to hide it within The Civic Theatre to be found by some random Afghan Whigs fan. However, I left it in the car, and once I had passed security, there was no going back to retrieve it. I was relegated to do what I could to ensure it made it into another fan's hands - so it was left lovingly underneath the windshield wipers of the vehicle parked next to ours.

Enclosed was the Home Records bootleg of The Afghan Whigs entitled, "Time For A Bavarian Death Waltz", recorded at The Paradise Club, in Boston on 5 April 1994. Not a stellar recording as far as quality goes, but unique to the performance were some stunning covers of The Supremes, Prince, and New Order. It's the only bootleg recording I have of The Afghan Whigs, so I thought this would be the proper moment to share it with another fan. Now, if they happened to purchase the performance from London offered at the merch booth, then they probably weren't all that impressed. But I hope they enjoyed it anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment